Monday, September 10, 2012
It's been a very busy last week and I feel like I've been totally out of the blogging world -- a huge thank you to Amanda, Erika, and Rachel for filling in for me! Thanks also for all of your comments and emails -- I'm looking forward to a new week and catching up with all of your blogs.
I thought it'd be fun to share a few detail snaps from around the house:
01. I finally found the perfect cane-back chair pair on Craigslist for a total steal! I tried staining them last week and the stain wouldn't hold at all -- it just ended up being this huge, sticky mess that I had to wipe and then sand off. The wood is so smooth and even if I try to sand it it's not the kind of wood that holds stain -- it just sits on top and won't absorb or dry. Any tips? I'm thinking I just need to prime and paint them instead of try to stain them. Either way, I'm looking forward to transforming these little guys.
02. A bar cart detail shot -- milk glass + a sweet book.
03. A favorite book that I've been loving lately -- on top of our Docksta table.
04. Shelving arrangement in our kitchen.
05. A copper tea kettle + my favorite kitchen item.